Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AIShatiLove
Contributor III
Contributor III

Compare fields and count matches

Hi, qlik

I want to exlude some records in set analysis for my pivot table : if  field1.Table1 != field1.Table2  and count count the remaining values

Labels (1)
10 Replies
AIShatiLove
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I tried to follow the example, but it does not work as it should 
what i have : count( {  $< Filed1.Table1 = { Field1.Table2 }  >  } distinct Field_of_Values)  it returns me nothing
what am i missing ?

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

what is the inside values  for   Field1.Table1 and  Field1.Table2  ?

count( {  $< Filed1.Table1 = { "Field1.Table2" }  >  } distinct Field_of_Values) 

AIShatiLove
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

there are intersecting  values( numbers) in these columns, and conditions is : if there common values in this fileds  then count 

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

can you paste some sample data and expected output for better output.

AIShatiLove
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I used to use this expression: if ( [filed1.Table1]= [ field1.Table2 ],count ( field_of_values.Table2 ),Null())
Here's what I got ,  my main goal was to remove unnecessary dashes and the values that have them,  and that's why  decided to use set analysis

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

did you tried supress null values option?

AIShatiLove
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

yes, of course, all dimensions do not include null
because of these omissions, I can not get sum by the name of the position, in the end I get just a dash in table

I need to build a set analysis expression to get only the desired values. I think then this problem will go away

AIShatiLove
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

i found solution in this post . Instead of output, it should just count

https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-App-Dev/comparing-two-column/td-p/1108079