Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mvanderaa
Contributor
Contributor

Comparing sum before and after a date with boundary condition that sum before is >0

I'm trying out Qliksense and I want to replicate a calculation that I have in a sql query. What I want to achieve is best explained by an example.

I have a table of error loggings, let's call it "E", and a table of parts that have been replaced on the machine population, lets call it "R". I want to look at the event occurence count before and after replacement of a certain part. The thing is, I only want to take the occurrence after into account if there are also occurrences before (per individual replacement row).

The time windows are (R.date - vWindow) and (R.date + vWindow), where vWindow is entered by the used in an input box. For clarity I color coded them blue and red for table E.

So for both event A and B each machine has a row with value occurences=10 that is not in the aggregation for "occurence after" because that event does not occur in the "before"  window.

mvanderaa_1-1593076310859.png

mvanderaa_2-1593076333183.png

mvanderaa_3-1593076355892.png

Here is the data for copying purposes as well

E    R   Result   
DateEventOccurrencesMachine DatePart number replacedMachine EventOccurrences beforeOccurrences afterPercentage after replacement
12-1-2020B21 14-1-2020Z1 A3133.3
13-1-2020B11 22-1-2020Z2 B3133.3
15-1-2020A101         
15-1-2020B11         
20-1-2020A22         
20-1-2020A12         
23-1-2020A12         
23-1-2020B102         

Labels (1)
5 Replies
vmusolov
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi!

I think you can try link tables using Machine only.

It means all EventDates will linked to all RepairDates.

After you can limit it in expression using (R.date - vWindow) and (R.date + vWindow).

In case of Machines can be repaired multiple times and have huge R.date and E.date amount, you can use IF and may be aggr() functions.

Kushal_Chawda

How you are getting occurrence after 1 for event A?

mvanderaa
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Because the replacement that has the other 10 occurrences does not meet the condition that events before>0

The sql query would look like this (sorry for the lack of formatting here):

SELECT tbl1.[Event], SUM(tbl1.[Events Before]) AS [Events before final], SUM(tbl1.[Events after]) AS [Events after final]
FROM (

SELECT e.[Event] ,e.[Date],e.[Machine]                 ===> start inner query
            ,CAST(CASE WHEN DATEDIFF(day,e.[Date],r.[Date])>0 AND DATEDIFF(day,e.[Date],r.[Date])<3 THEN SUM(e.Occurrences) else 0 end as INT) as [Events before]
             ,CAST(CASE WHEN DATEDIFF(day,e.[Date],r.[Date])<0 AND DATEDIFF(day,e.[Date],r.[Date])>-3 THEN SUM(e.Occurrences) else 0 end as INT) as [Events after]
              FROM [QS_replacements] as r INNER JOIN
                           (SELECT [Date], [Event], [Occurrences], [Machine]
                            FROM [QS_events]) AS e ON e.Machine=r.Machine
                           GROUP BY e.[Event], e.Machine, e.[Date], r.[Date]) as tbl1  ===> end inner query
GROUP BY tbl1.[Event], tbl1.[Machine]
HAVING SUM([Events before])>0

Output inner query

mvanderaa_0-1594408648534.png

Query output

mvanderaa_2-1594409353937.png

Kushal_Chawda

try below

R_Map:
mapping LOAD
    Machine1 as Machine,
    date(Date1) as Date1
FROM [lib://Data/Book1.xlsx]
(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1);

E:
LOAD
    date("Date") as E_Date,
    Event as E_Event,
    ApplyMap('R_Map',Machine,0) as R_Date,
    Occurrences as E_Occurence,
    Machine
FROM [lib://Data/Book1.xlsx]
(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1);

T1:
Load Machine,
    E_Event,
    E_Date,
    R_Date,
   sum(if(R_Date-E_Date>0 and R_Date-E_Date<3,E_Occurence,0)) as Events_before,
   sum(if(R_Date-E_Date<0 and R_Date-E_Date>-3,E_Occurence,0)) as Events_after
Resident E
Group by E_Event,Machine,E_Date,R_Date;

Drop Table E;

Final:
Load *
Where Events_before>0;
Load Machine,
    E_Event,
    sum(Events_before) as Events_before,
    sum(Events_after) as Events_after
Resident T1
Group by Machine,E_Event;

Drop Table T1;
mvanderaa
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Kush,

thanks for the suggestion. This works for me for this case, but I'm afraid I haven't been clear in my description. In the final app, the replacement table as it is showing in my example would be already filtered on a single part number (Z in this case). I was therefore was hoping to do it in an expression so that the user would choose a part number from a filter pane. Would your load script work if we make use of a dynamic view/on demand app generation?

Edit: the window size before and after would also be a variable to be set by the user, which I used 3 days for in this example.