Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stvegerton
Creator III
Creator III

Complete list of Qlik Sense Resource Filters?

Does anyone have a complete list of Qlik Sense resources beyond what is in "help"? There's got to be more under the covers. I need to write some advanced rules to expose read abilities to load scripts and data models..

Available resource filters ‒ Qlik Sense

12 Replies
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

There may be more under the hood, but I would be shocked if there were a ton.

For the Data Load Editor / Data Model Viewer, play around with this schema:

MdsFRNu.png

This was the schema that was in use by a customer's environment which, unexpectedly, exposed the DLE and DMV on published apps. If my memory serves me, it was the update action which was the culprit (along with the context being set to the Hub and QMC rather than the QMC alone).

stvegerton
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hey Levi, A version of that got me really close. But now I need to somehow exclude the Data Manager and Data Load Editor in the conditions...  Because now I only want show what can't be updated: Data Model Viewer.

close.JPG

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

So the precise need is to show the Data Model Viewer and not the Data Load Editor?

stvegerton
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Yes. But only because the DMV is ready only... If I could make both read only I would opt for showing both.

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

That's the issue though, the DMV is not purely read only. Any movement of the tables does prompt you to save:

L4gXDIC.png

Even though these are relatively arbitrary.

Back to the core of your question, I am unawares of a way to delineate between the DLE and the DMV. mto‌?

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Levi,

I am not sure - perhaps jog‌ may know.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable

It is possible in 2.2.4, however, the issue is you have to give update privileges to be able to access these components in a published app.  Basically this breaks governance.

In terms of identifying all of the resources, there are some that are intended to not be used out in the wild therefore they aren't published.

stvegerton‌ if you want to direct message me your use case perhaps I can help you.

Cheers,

Jeff G

stvegerton
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Jeff, Having trouble sending you a PM because we're not "connected". Please shoot me one. Thanks! Steve

dominicmander
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

stvegertonjog‌ was a solution found for this?

We are creating a set of security rules to allow "self service" users to create their own sheets and "contributor" users to create and publish their own sheets. As part of this set of security rules we were hoping to allow these users to view the data model viewer.

We're running 2.2.4.

Cheers,

Dominic