cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
timsaddler
Creator III
Creator III

Completely Confused by Section Access in Qliksense V2

Apologies but having read several threads, I'm no nearer to getting this to work.

Here are my scripts

load * inline [

BUSINESSUNIT, VALUE

4501399, 1000

4224399, 420

4228399, 150

];

section access;

load * inline [

ACCESS, USERID, BUSINESSUNIT, OMIT

USER, AGGUK\tim saddler,4501399,

USER, AGGUK\helen chapman, 4224399,

];

screenshot of QMC user ids

Any pointers would be most appreciated

Thanks in advance

20 Replies
Not applicable

Perhaps this will help

Here are my findings based on the testing I've done so far on QlikSense Section Access

• The Section Access table must have EVERYTHING in Uppercase
  • The fields that you are wanting to use in your data model as restrictions must have their Field Names and Values in Uppercase
  • USERID can have spaces but my user ID for example AGGUK\Helen Chapman must be entered in the Section Access table as AGGUK\HELEN+CHAPMAN, all in Uppercase replacing the space with the + sign

Example scenario:

To avoid duplicating effort from that already completed for QlikView I have a Qlikview QVW file containing my data model with Sales data linked to our Business Unit (Cost Centre) structure that I have Binary Loaded into Qlik Sense.

I want to give John Smith access to only our Aggregates Division (UKDivisionCat19 = AGG - Aggregates) sales data but Joe Bloggs should only have access to the Aggregates North part of the Aggregates Sales Data (UKDivisionCat19 = AGG - Aggregates and OpDivisionCat05 = AGN - Aggregates North) whilst I, working in IT, should have access to all the data.

My section access table should look like this:

section access;

load * inline [

ACCESS,USERID,UKDIVISIONCAT19,OPDIVISIONCAT05

USER,AGGUK\JOHN+SMITH,AGG,

USER,AGGUK\JOE+BLOGGS,AGG,AGN

ADMIN,AGGUK\HELEN+CHAPMAN,,      //leaving out the values in the restriction fields gives full access

];

then to apply the section access I need to reload the mixed case fields I want to use from my binary loaded data model and create tables that give me the fields I need with their Field Names and Values both in Uppercase

Section Application;

CC19SectionAccess:

load

left(UkDivisionCat19,3) as UKDIVISIONCAT19,

UkDivisionCat19                                        //link back to existing Field in the Binary loaded table

Resident SalesAnalysis_BusinessUnits;

Section Application;

CC05SectionAccess:

load

left(OpDivisionCat05,3) as OPDIVISIONCAT05,   

OpDivisionCat05                                      //link back to existing Field in the Binary loaded table

Resident SalesAnalysis_BusinessUnits;

Helen