Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcosirotti1950
Contributor II
Contributor II

Concat function creating long text fields

Hello, I am using the concat function to concatenate a field from a great number of records, in this example 20+ records

HistoryTmp:
LOAD DISTINCT
OBJECT_ID&TYPE_BON_COMMANDE as CLE_PO_HISTORIQUE,
NOTE
;
SQL SELECT
NOTE,
"TYPE_BON_COMMANDE",
"OBJECT_ID"
FROM BAVDM."BA_PO_HISTORIQUE_ACTION_V"
WHERE "DESCRIPTION_ACTION" = 'Soumettre'
;

History:
load
CLE_PO_HISTORIQUE,
concat(NOTE,chr(10)) as "BC Note"
resident HistoryTmp
group by CLE_PO_HISTORIQUE;

drop Table HistoryTmp;

When I use the field BC Note as a column in a tabular report it shows only the first 2-3 occurences of the field, and I get its complete content only in a pop-up hovering on the column. How can I have the whole content of the field displayed in the report column  ?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Or
MVP
MVP

Looks like your text has line feeds / carriage returns, which means it's never going to show you more than the first three lines (unless you eliminate the line breaks), as I understand the native Qlik table. Perhaps an extension would be the way to go, or as an alternative, you could consider using a text object to show the comment when a specific CLE_PO_HISTORIQUE is selected.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

As far as I know, the only way to do this is to increase the column's width until the content fits. Qlik's native table only wraps text up to three lines in my (limited) experience. Some extensions will allow you to wrap for more lines if the text is long enough.

marcosirotti1950
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Well, increasing the column width does not seem to have any effect on what is visualizes. Is this just due to the parsing on data on a browser using HTML5 ? In that case I am afraid there is nothing that can be done directly on Qlik Sense visualisations.  Am I unfortunately correct ?

Or
MVP
MVP

I don't have access to your data, but on my end, increasing the column width makes it show more text:

Or_0-1647373812870.png

Or_1-1647373840712.png

marcosirotti1950
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Not really, it widens the line, but not the whole column

marcosirotti1950_0-1647374722040.pngmarcosirotti1950_1-1647374799764.png

marcosirotti1950
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

marcosirotti1950_2-1647375320076.png

Or
MVP
MVP

Looks like your text has line feeds / carriage returns, which means it's never going to show you more than the first three lines (unless you eliminate the line breaks), as I understand the native Qlik table. Perhaps an extension would be the way to go, or as an alternative, you could consider using a text object to show the comment when a specific CLE_PO_HISTORIQUE is selected.