Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hammermill21
Creator III
Creator III

Concatenate & Synthetic Keys

Hello,

I currently have an app that has multiple data connections for different sites. They all have the same type of data but needs to be separated by the site.

It was recommended that I use concatenate for the load statements, which I did. everything works but I am getting a bunch of synthetic keys and i"m not sure what I am doing wrong. I have attached a sample if anyone can help.

Thank you!

14 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The concatenating all of the tables would not be the right strategy.

You should concatenate all the INSPECTION tables into one table and then concatenate all the INVENTORY tables into one table. You should also create your own concatenated key that connects the two tables. Only then you will get a data model that will work well for your application.

hammermill21
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I think I understand what you are saying, but I'm not really sure how to exactly do that.

kaanerisen
Creator III
Creator III

By the way; I am not pretty sure your goal but as Petter mention If you have two table with different data like Inventory and Inspections, concatenating the related tables and create a composite key to connect the tables will be the best approach for creating a proper data model.

kaanerisen
Creator III
Creator III

I am not sure but barcode field may be a unique key for each product. Maybe you can connect two tables over barcode field

hammermill21
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I am going to try and concatenate the related tables. And barcodes are the unique key which might work.

Thank you