Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

beck110979
Valued Contributor III

Concatenation of field with mastercalendar

Hi Folks, i have a question, my business situation does look like:

I have a Mastercalender with following Fields and Values:

Year = 2018

Year Month = 2018 02,

And i have a separate table with fields: Date_of_Status, this Field consist of information when my project expires : for instance

Project, Date_of_Status:

Project A, 05.06.2017

Project B, 06.05.2018

Project A, 12.12.2017

My Issue is: how can i concatenate this Field with my mastercalender, i am pursuing a goal where if i select my mastercalender and if my Value from mastercalender is large then the value from Field: Date_of_Status then should be created a additional field: for instance: Active and Not active:

Calculation and logic does look like: if i select my calendar

Mastercalender     Value from Field: Date_of_Status        Status            Explanation

2018 02                            06.05.2018                          activ              (here is my project active, because: 06.05.2018 > 2018 02)

2018 02                            05.06.2017                          not active       (here is my project non active, because: 05.06.2017 < 2018 02)

if this logic is done, i want to create the filter: Status : active and non active, So i can select all active and non active project in depende of my master calendar.

Does anybody have any idea? if my explanation not clear enough, please let me know

Thanks a lot

Beck

24 Replies
YoussefBelloum
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Concatenation of field with mastercalendar

Hi,

how your master calendar is linked to your fact table ? with which field ?

beck110979
Valued Contributor III

Hi youssef, thanks a lot for your responce, i concatenated my facttable with my calendar on the base of datefield. if my explanation is not clear enough, please let me know

YoussefBelloum
Esteemed Contributor

you mean you LINKED your fact table with your calendar using the datefield ?

because as described above, you didn't mentioned the Date field on your master calendar, you just mentioned the YearMonth field..

did you try to do this on the script ?

If( date_field < date_of_status, 'Active', 'non active') as Status

Ps: be sure that date_field and date_of_status are correctly interpreted as dates and formatted with the right format

beck110979
Valued Contributor III

Hi Youssef,

i can use this expression if i concatenate my field with calender, but i have a question: how can i concatenate the table with calender to make the calculation dynamic or should i create an example for more clarity?

YoussefBelloum
Esteemed Contributor

Yes please, attach an example it will be easier to understand

beck110979
Valued Contributor III

Hi youssef,

this is my testexample, if it is not enough clear, please let me know, the explanation of logic you can find above

thanks a lot

Beck

YoussefBelloum
Esteemed Contributor

Ok, from what I can see on your tables structures, you can do this:

on the table "project", if you have all the lines (all the project), you can do a LEFT JOIN on this table from the table "State_of_project", if you have all the line on the "State_of_project" table, you can do a right join etc...Otherwise for getting all the lines from both table, use OUTER JOIN,

all this to get a table with this structure:

Project, Budget, Project_date, Expire_date  ==> to have all the infos on the same line, every row

is it clear for you ?

beck110979
Valued Contributor III

can you show it on base of example?

YoussefBelloum
Esteemed Contributor

I'll show you how to do it on the script

Community Browser