Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Conditional Sum ( equal for 1 column, and ignore another column )

Sum({<Shipment_Qty_Type={"In Pool"}>}total_qty)  --This would filter the qty by qty type="In Pool"

Sample Excel file:

Item
Shipment Qty Type
Date
Quantity
AtypeAJune 201510
BIn PoolNULL5000
AIn PoolNULL200

Right now, when my filter is by Month say June2015. Whatever I select in that Month filter, the In Pool quantity will not show.  How do I make that column ignore that Month filter?

Sum({<Shipment_Qty_Type={"In Pool"}, 1Month={June 2015}>}total_qty)  --this will not work.

7 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

This will ignore selections in the Month field: Sum({<Month=,Shipment_Qty_Type={"In Pool"}>}total_qty)

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Sum({<Shipment_Qty_Type={"In Pool"}, Month=>}total_qty)

Not applicable
Author

Hmm...the expression were right, but I don't know why, it still doesn't ignore the filter.

Not applicable
Author

As you can see, some of the InPool qty has no Month. Once I filter by month, it will not show 189,65 and 64.

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

I think you have multiple measures. Did you apply the Set Analysis in each measure ? I would suggest applying to all measures

Not applicable
Author

can't do that. Each measure will have their own condition...sadly.

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

then what you need to do is a conditional dimension using if() that will evaluate the condition and display the dimenion value or NULL.  Then enable checkbox 'show nulls' on the dimension to hide the rows that don't meet your condition. 

ex:   if (   <condition>,  dimensionfield)

If you use a measure expression with set analysis that is fine, but you will have to wrap in aggr() function for it to evaluate at the right dimensional grain. 

post a sample if you need help