Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anuhegde
Contributor III
Contributor III

Conditional colors in qliksense

Hello All,

I have a requirement in my project (qliksense)that if the extractor fails or if some of the source files (excel) are not updated at the time of reload, I need to display a circle filled with red color on top of a sheet. If all the sources are updated and also if the extractor is success then the circle should be displayed filled with green color.

Can anyone help me to know how can I achieve this in qlik sense? what chart types can I use? and how to do this? Or do you have a better idea to track the extractor failure and data sources updation details on the dashboard?

Regards

Anusha

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Fernando_Fabregas
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Anusha.  A simple way to do that is:

- Add a pie chart, with Dimension  = any fixed text, i.e. ='Reload result' and Measure=1 (fixed).

- In Colors and Legend, select by Expression and fill it with something like this: 

if(today()-reloadtime()<1,'green','red')         // if you reload once per day and fails, it will be more than 1

If you need to check many sources at load, you can save a log table with field "Errors". Each step may contains 0 ('No errors') or 1 ('Error'), then add it in the above expression.

You should be noted that if the upload fails with errors, the data will not be recorded. 

The visual result could be:  

ffabregas_0-1601557207141.png

Regards, 

Fernando

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Fernando_Fabregas
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Anusha.  A simple way to do that is:

- Add a pie chart, with Dimension  = any fixed text, i.e. ='Reload result' and Measure=1 (fixed).

- In Colors and Legend, select by Expression and fill it with something like this: 

if(today()-reloadtime()<1,'green','red')         // if you reload once per day and fails, it will be more than 1

If you need to check many sources at load, you can save a log table with field "Errors". Each step may contains 0 ('No errors') or 1 ('Error'), then add it in the above expression.

You should be noted that if the upload fails with errors, the data will not be recorded. 

The visual result could be:  

ffabregas_0-1601557207141.png

Regards, 

Fernando

anuhegde
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Fernando,

That's a great idea. Thank you so much. I will try this out.