Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

Not applicable

Conditionally hide/show objects in Qlik Sense?

In Qlik Sense, I'd like to have an object or sheet hide or show based on a condition I specify. Is it possible to do this in Sense? For example I want to have one sheet on the app display an employee's picture and stats, only if one employee is selected at time.

3 Replies

Re: Conditionally hide/show objects in Qlik Sense?

It's not yet possible to conditionally show and hide objects in Qlik Sense.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
bellamae
Valued Contributor

Although you can't have the whole object hidden you can add a conditional calculation to a chart that will put crosshatches on the object and display a message.  this is available in Addons > Data handling where you can specify the expression and the message so for you it would be something like EmployeeCount = 1 and Please select and employee to see information.

hope that helps

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Not applicable

Thanks Bella, good to know for future! In this case, I'm using an add-on from the Qlik Branch site called "Simple Table with Image/Link Detection" to leverage its wonderful ability to render images as another clickable data field in Sense. Using this table, I wanted to be able to have an Employee picture show when a user selects one employee at a time only. Unfortunately it does not have the data handling Add-On.

I hope the "Info Load" and "Bundle Info Load" statements are included in the next release for Qlik Sense.