Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gegregeal
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Configuring reports for different clients

Hi Experts,

Is there any documentation/resource that shows how reports can be configured for different clients?

For example, I want to configure a report for a new client with different hierarchies. The first client has 5 product hierarchies while the the new client has 3. I want one report to be a single code base. So, how can I configure the report for these different clients and any new one going forward?

Your thoughts on this will be really appreciated.

Thanks. 

Labels (2)
4 Replies
TomKogut
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi @gegregeal ,

When you say Client do you mean User?

If so, you should take a look in Section Access, with this resource you can restrict data according to user logged on, please check the syntax in the below link:

Section Access 

Please, if it helped you, mark as useful

-Tom

gegregeal
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thanks Tom,

When I say clients, I do not mean the users.

I have an app for client A with say 10 users and I have configured section access for the 10 different users of client A.

I want to configure this same app for another client B with different set of users and I do would like to use same code for this new client.

Please note that my code is written externally and I just need to have a specific client configuration for each clients to capture different hierarchies.

Thanks,

Greg.

srinu_qliksense
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi @gegregeal ,

Did you got any solution for this can you share.

fabdulazeez
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Any solution for this would be highly appreciated. What would be the best way to maintain a single code base for multiple customers with different configuration.