Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QlikSensor
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Configuring the look of bar charts

Hi,

I have a bar chart with a time dimension on a monthly basis. Saying this some months are missing in the data. I want to see those missing months in the chart.  

I double checked the tab presentation and found a switch: continuous (I don't know exactly the english names since I use a german configured GUI). If I click on this I get this what I want (the gaps in the months) but the bars are really narrow and the continous month names on the x-axis is also missing.

Isn't there a possibility to configure the width of the bars as well as that every months is named on the x-axis? Please find attached a screenshot. The upper diagram is with continous switch off the lower diagram with continous switch set to automatic. I want to have the graph look like the lower chart.

5 Replies
OmarBenSalem

No.

But, u do have a solution:

create a master calendar using the min max of ur date fields.

here's a way to do it:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-Scripting/Creating-A-Master-Calendar/td-p/341286

Just copy and paste this script after loading the table containing ur date field.

change the highlighted fields with ur date field and ur table containing ur date field

Temp:

Load

min(YourDateField) as minDate,

max(YourDateField) as maxDate 
Resident YourTable; Let varMinDate = Num(Peek('minDate', 0, 'Temp'));
Let varMaxDate = Num(Peek('maxDate', 0, 'Temp'));
DROP Table Temp;

TempCalendar:
LOAD $(varMinDate) + Iterno()-1 As Num,
Date($(varMinDate) + IterNo() - 1) as TempDate AutoGenerate 1 While $(varMinDate) + IterNo() -1 <= $(varMaxDate);

MasterCalendar:
Load TempDate AS YourDateField,
week(TempDate) As Week,
Year(TempDate) As Year,
Month(TempDate) As Month,
Day(TempDate) As Day,
date(monthstart(TempDate), 'MMM-YYYY') as MonthYear //USE THIS FIELD
Resident TempCalendar Order By TempDate ASC;
Drop Table TempCalendar;

Now, in ur chart, u can use the MonthYear field that'll contain all of ur months

QlikSensor
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi,
thanks for that. I tried it (watched also the video) but the script is not loading. As soon as I use my field (it's loaded with spaces: "Datum Produktion Tag") and load the script again it says it can't find the field. Any hints, why?
OmarBenSalem

do u call the table that contains ur date field?

The resident part?

QlikSensor
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I thought, I did. But I have loaded two tables which have the same name: 

FROM [lib://xxx\file1.xlsx]
(ooxml, embedded labels, table is default);

FROM [lib://xxx\file2.xlsx]
(ooxml, embedded labels, table is default);

Both tables are created in Knime therefore I can't change the tab's name. - it's simply default. QlikSense resolves the table names internally to default and default-1. If I use default in the resident part, my field is not found, if I use default-1 QlikSense throws another error that the minus sign is not allowed.

QlikSensor
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi again,

I managed to include your script successful now. Nevertheless, the gaps are still not shown for months where the value is 0. Please see the attached screenshot.

Any help on this?