cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
momdev
Contributor
Contributor

Connect Qlike Sense to Visual Studio Sql

I wanted to co-connect my SQL database which is on Visual studio with the Qlike Sense tool. How to proceed ?

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Rodj
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi @momdev ,

Your terminology is a little confusing. SQL Server is a database that will be running on a computer somewhere, usually referred to as a server. It isn't running on Visual Studio, which is just an interactive development environment (IDE) that allows you to write code and interact with servers and technologies such as SQL Server. Like visual studio, Qlik Sense allows you to interact with your SQL Server database though it is limited primarily to querying the data. You can find out how to connect to a database in the help here - connecting to data sources. 

View solution in original post

Rodj
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

That information is really all in the help, there's a huge range of functions available including all the different mathematical, range, inter-record, string and statistical distribution functions to name but a few. If you aren't confident with when and how to apply the functions, which are the "code" behind it, I recommend starting with the tutorials in the help which will serve to build your understanding of how Qlik works and how and when to use the functions listed.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Rodj
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi @momdev ,

Your terminology is a little confusing. SQL Server is a database that will be running on a computer somewhere, usually referred to as a server. It isn't running on Visual Studio, which is just an interactive development environment (IDE) that allows you to write code and interact with servers and technologies such as SQL Server. Like visual studio, Qlik Sense allows you to interact with your SQL Server database though it is limited primarily to querying the data. You can find out how to connect to a database in the help here - connecting to data sources. 

momdev
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I am looking for documentation which will allow me to better understand qlike sense. I know how to search for data, but in order to make personalized reports I would need to understand the code behind it for example how to apply accounting formulas, mathematical formulas.

Rodj
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

That information is really all in the help, there's a huge range of functions available including all the different mathematical, range, inter-record, string and statistical distribution functions to name but a few. If you aren't confident with when and how to apply the functions, which are the "code" behind it, I recommend starting with the tutorials in the help which will serve to build your understanding of how Qlik works and how and when to use the functions listed.