Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
singbittoo
Creator
Creator

Connect to Oracle DW using qlik sense

Hi,

I am using Oracle SQL developer to connect to Oracle Database, when i open the sql developer and click on connection it asks me for username password, and in TNS Alias i select the TNS from a dropdown, and then click ok and i am connected to Oracle,

Now if i am using Qlik Sense i click on Create new Connection then select Oracle then it asks me to put

orcle.PNG

i enter the details here i use the TNS Alias not the real name, as in drop down we only get aliases,

and then click create, After some time i get this error.

err.PNG

Do i need to create any DSN or so ,  or what actually to do and how to proceed .

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
singbittoo
Creator
Creator
Author

I went to the server path which i filled here in oracle SQL Developer (Tools -> Preferences -> Advanced -> there i filled the Tnsnames Directory) and there i saw two files tnsnames.ora  and sqlnet.ora, i copied both the files and pasted in the

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Programs\Common Files\Qlik\Custom Data\QvOdbcConnectorPackage\oracle\lib\network\admin

path as mentioned in the Qlik community and the connection succeded .

Is there any other way using OLEDB or ODBC to connect to the oracle DB ?

View solution in original post

3 Replies
singbittoo
Creator
Creator
Author

Or is there any other better way to do this ?

singbittoo
Creator
Creator
Author

Also in Qlik Community https://help.qlik.com/en-US/connectors/Subsystems/ODBC_connector_help/Content/Oracle/Create-Oracle-c... they ask to do something to the tnsnames.ora files ..

*** also one thing i forgot to mention the first time i opened the Oracle SQL Developer for setting up i went to Tools -> Preferences -> Advanced -> there i filled the Tnsnames Directory which was some server path it seems.

singbittoo
Creator
Creator
Author

I went to the server path which i filled here in oracle SQL Developer (Tools -> Preferences -> Advanced -> there i filled the Tnsnames Directory) and there i saw two files tnsnames.ora  and sqlnet.ora, i copied both the files and pasted in the

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Programs\Common Files\Qlik\Custom Data\QvOdbcConnectorPackage\oracle\lib\network\admin

path as mentioned in the Qlik community and the connection succeded .

Is there any other way using OLEDB or ODBC to connect to the oracle DB ?