Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Connecting Qliksense to Hadoop

Hi,

We are evaluating Qliksense over Hadoop environment.

I can find connectors for connecting Qlikview to Hadoop based systems.

Could anyone please explain if the process for connecting Sense to Hadoop systems are same or different?

Thanks in advance,

Anosh Nathaniel

8 Replies
maxgro
MVP
MVP

try here (add .)

blog cloudera com/blog/2015/02/how-to-do-real-time-big-data-discovery-using-cloudera-enterprise-and-qlik-sense/

mountaindude
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

In it's easiest form, it's very similar to how you do it in QlikView.

I.e. just install the Hivr ODBC driver from your favourite Hadoop vendor (Cloudera, HortonWorks etc).

Make sure Hive2 server is running on the Hadoop side.

Set up an ODBC source in Sense, connect to it, and query it just like in QV (with respect taken to Sense's slightly different syntax for ODBC sources).

You can also put Sense in legacy mode - then you can use the exact same Connect strings as in QV.

Please mark the post as a solution if it provided you with a solution to the topic at hand. Thanks!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

There are many systems within Hadoop (-->Hive, HBase, HDFS etc).

Best suited one is Hive since it is like an RDBMS. So it is popular to use. For HBase, I guess there is a JDBC connector but not sure. Need some update on that.

But there are some mid-layer systems as well. Like in this demo.

Qlik Sense

BR

Serhan

Not applicable
Author

Hi Serhan,

Thanks for your reply. The link to Jethrodata is not working. Can you please check?

Thanks,

Anosh

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

I checked it; it works for me. But here is text form. Just fill in the blanks.

qlik jethrodata com/hub

BR

Serhan

Not applicable
Author

Hi Serhan,

Thanks for your reply. I am getting "Connection lost" error while connecting to Qlik Jethrodata hub in Crome and Firefox. Please see the attached screen shot. Qliksense was running on system.Qliksense hub - Jethro Data - error.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Honestly I have no idea. I checked it again and still works for me. There is no authentication or anything and I did not sign up to anything. Try to get there via jethrodata com, if possible. Or ask them please.

Last week, I spent time on this

http://blog.cloudera.com/blog/2015/02/how-to-do-real-time-big-data-discovery-using-cloudera-enterpri...

and I managed to get it going with Impala.

PS: I did not try Direct Discovery with it but should be fine.

BR

Serhan

Not applicable
Author

Hi Anosh,

if you still have the problem of connecting Sense with Hadoop you also take a look here Doolyk home

doolyk is a NOSQL connector that integrates QlikView® and Qlik Sense® with Hadoop.

doolyk does not load data in memory and solves Hadoop’s latency and concurrency issues. Furthermore, loading in memory big data volumes from Hadoop could easily get over the limits of RAM. Moreover it is not possible to manage variety and velocity of data.

If you needs more information about that you can write me an e-mail marco.gollin@nevis.it

BR

Marco