Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bradley_isaacs
Contributor II
Contributor II

Connecting to a Mapped Drive

Hi

Can someone tell me how to create a connection to a mapped Drive and folder in Sense?  The mapped drive does not show up on the list of drives in the Create New Connection (Folder) wizard.  Even if i type in the path, it says Invalid path.

Anyone know of a way ?

9 Replies
rittermd
Master
Master

I have data connections using UNC for folders and they work fine.  You would not want to use a mapped drive as that would not be available to all users.

For example here is the connection string for one of them:

\\QSS-1\D$\Includes

bradley_isaacs
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Mark

Thanks for your response.  It is an ETL model, so i dont need access to anyone, except for admin.

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.  It's such a simple thing, but for some reason mine is not working.

Not applicable

Bradley, it should work either of cases? Are you trying inside server? (remotely connected to server and trying to create with Desktop sense client or doing on hub). Is mapped drive created correctly on the server?

pauljohansson
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Bradley,

I have the exact same problem. Do you find a solution?

br

Paul

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Mapped drives are a user setting. The server account, being a service account, does not see or make use of the mapped drive(s). Make a connection to the underlying UNC, in the form of \\server\sharename.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
pauljohansson
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Jonathan,

I am using a UNC path, still sense give me "invalid path",

br Paulinvalidpath.png

rittermd
Master
Master

Is that folder shared and do users have access to it?

pauljohansson
Creator III
Creator III

Yes, its a shared folder and everyone have read access.

rittermd
Master
Master

It works fine on my system.

I clicked on create a new connection and then picked folder.

I clicked in the top Path box and typed in \\QSS-1\Includes

and hit enter.

Includes is a shared folder on my server.

It immediately displayed the folders and files in that folder to continue to pick from if I need to.