Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Connector is not responding in Qlik sense desktop with MySQL ODBC driver

Hi,

We are facing "Connector is not responding" error on Qlik sense desktop software (November 2017 version) which is installed on win10.

What we have already tried:

• As per suggestions across the community, we have tried work around given here and here. But none of them helped in resolving our issue.
  • We have tried to delete connection and re created it. But data was not loaded.
  • Uninstalled November 2017 version and installed September 2017 version. This did not bring any value.

Connection is made using ODBC MySQL driver to MySQL database.

Attached is the screenshot of the error.

More details:

• When "Data load editor" is opened, it takes longer time to load "Data connections" section.
  • Create new connection is always disabled.

Any suggestions would be helpful!

Regards,

Anusha

16 Replies
zermsms_
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hm, i would like to tag this as "Correct/Anwered" (at least it worked for me) but i don't get the button to do so, independent from the manner i open this thread.

balabhaskarqlik

Yes, I'm sorry for that, i saw that, this thread raised by some other person.

If answer helps to you, then you may Like this thread or make it as Helpful.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have very often or always the error, "Connector is not responding" error on Qlik sense desktop software",

and I have Mcafee, now I I try to investigate if the problem, very annoying, is due to Mcafee , QS version septembre 2018

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Please help me, the Mcafee assistance works very badly, I have to disable this Mcafee which gives more problems than it solves

chirpa1wa
Contributor
Contributor

The proposed solution of simply turning off Real-Time Scanning in McAfee LifeSafe works fine ... but it is not an appealing solution as it leaves my computer vulnerable. I followed the instructions on the Qlik Help web page to add a bunch of executables to the McAfee excluded files list. 

Unfortunately this did not work ... I was still getting the connector not responding error. After searching through the system log I found an error that indicated the problem may be associated with the web connector package executable. So  I added the following program to the McAfee excluded files list and hey-presto, the problem went away.

C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Local\Programs\Common Files\Qlik\Custom Data\QvWebStorageProviderConnectorPackage\QvWebStorageProviderConnectorPackage.exe

I can now use my Qlik folder connectors without having to turn off Real-Time Scanning altogether. 

You may want to check out the other types of connectors and add their relevant executables to the excluded files list as well. Look at the various subfolders under: C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Local\Programs\Common Files\Qlik\Custom Data