Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SuciuVlad
Contributor
Contributor

Continuous development of apps with multiple developers

Hey guys,

After searching for quite some time around the forum, I was unable to find a definitive answer in regards to how do people, generally speaking, develop an application continuously . I understand the idea of creating an application with default sheets based on a set of data, but my question is , afterwards, if I add upon that data set and I want to develop on that app, is there a way for me to work on it with multiple colleagues, not at the same time, but let's say I do a sheet with certain visualizations, and then another colleague wants to work on something else, do I absolutely have to move the ownership of that app in the QMC to that person ? Is there no other way to do this ? It would not be that hard to do, but in my situation , I have one app which uses the same measure and dimensions, but that app is duplicated for about 9 different customers in 9 different streams. If I change something for a customer, and I want to replicate the changes to have a general version, one way is to delete the apps, then duplicate the new app for each stream, but in this case the users loose their own sheets on the old apps. How do you usually do this ? Also, is there a way to implement an automatic process of publishing new apps in the QMC to multiple streams without having to manually import , publish and duplicate apps for each customer ? Maybe some sort of Azure DevOps integration ? Thank you in advance 🙂 

Labels (6)
1 Reply
Marijn
Creator II
Creator II

Hi @SuciuVlad,

I know this thread is a couple of years old, but I was wondering whether you found an answer to your question in the meantime. As I am looking into using Azure DevOps for version control, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of info out there.

Thanks in advance!