Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joerg_Linder
Contributor II
Contributor II

Controlling Colours in Charts

Dear all,

I have an app with different sheets. In most sheets I have the same manufacturers and would like to give them now always the same color. Is there somehow the opportunity to control all colors for attributes like manufacturers in one go for all sheets in one app? If not what would be the most efficient way to color code all attributes in each individual chart?

Thank you for your help.

Jörg

4 Replies
CHansford
Luminary
Luminary

Jörg,

have you looked at creating Master Dimensions within the Master Items where once you have created the Master Dimension you can set individual colours for each attribute or in this case manufacturer? 

Regards

Chris

Joerg_Linder
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Chris,

thank you for your quick reply. I had a look into Master Dimensions (I never worked with them). I can see the attribute manufacturer but not the different manufacturers in the attribute (which I would like to give fixed colors each). How can I give fixed colours to these individually?

Regards

Jörg

CHansford
Luminary
Luminary

Jörg,

Once you have created the Master Dimension you can edit it and at the top of that tabbed container that pop out you will see Edit dimension and Value colors.  Click on the Value colors tab and you should see all the different manufacturers.  You can then set a colour for each.

Any issues let me know and I can let you have screen shots.

Happy Qliking

Chris

Joerg_Linder
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Chris,
Thank you very much. Works really well:-)
Regards
Jörg