Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daniel_dalnekoff
Contributor III
Contributor III

Copied Apps in QMC missing from My Work stream

Hi,

We are experiencing an issue and looking for some suggestions on how to troubleshoot.  I have a published app, and from the QMC I have created a copy.  In the list of Apps, I can see the copy and I am the owner.  When I go to the hub, these apps are not visible under the "My Work" stream. 

We have a three node setup - Engine / Proxy / Central

I took a look under c:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Apps and I noticed that the copied App is only in the Apps folder on the central node - not on the engine. 

Does anyone have suggestions on what to look for next?

thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Since I have never seen this with any frequency, I don't have any direct insights so I'd recommend creating a support ticket.

My work-flow for debugging things would be to gather the logs from the Engine, Repository, and Proxy together to see a timeline of what occurred when a user hit the Hub. I'd expect it to be like a needle in a haystack honestly because the Sense logs do not necessarily log everything that would be needed here.

I'd also love to see the output of the developer tools when that is occurring, e.g.:

cFfNsVu.png

To trace whether a particular component or portion is getting hung up.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
daniel_dalnekoff
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

A few other testing notes:

We tested a full reboot of all machines, and this didn't resolve anything.

After restarting everything, confirmed all services are up and running but now we cannot access to Monitoring Apps

daniel_dalnekoff
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

One last follow up - this issue appears to have resolved itself, although we are not sure what caused it to happen or what resolved it other than down-time during off hours.  If anyone else has seen this before or has thoughts I'd love to discuss.

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Apps not showing up in multi-node can be caused by two issues (technically three):

• A sync rule preventing it from syncing to the RIM node
  • Synchronization problems
  • (latency in the sync process)

Do keep in mind that the monitoring apps, by default, do not sync to RIM nodes. Since the issue went away (1) is unlikely to be cause and therefore (2) and (3) seem more likely.

daniel_dalnekoff
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for the insight Levi!  It does make sense that synchronization delays / problems could have been the underlying issue.  After the fact we were made aware of some network performance issues that had been going on which probably could have explained the delay in the sync process.

daniel_dalnekoff
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

We continue to experience this scenario intermittently from time to time - do you have any suggestions for monitoring or tests we could run when experiencing this to help identify what may be the root cause?

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Since I have never seen this with any frequency, I don't have any direct insights so I'd recommend creating a support ticket.

My work-flow for debugging things would be to gather the logs from the Engine, Repository, and Proxy together to see a timeline of what occurred when a user hit the Hub. I'd expect it to be like a needle in a haystack honestly because the Sense logs do not necessarily log everything that would be needed here.

I'd also love to see the output of the developer tools when that is occurring, e.g.:

cFfNsVu.png

To trace whether a particular component or portion is getting hung up.

daniel_dalnekoff
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

thanks Levi - Just closing the loop here - a support ticket was needed.  We went through some steps to manually force a re-sync of all apps, and ran some repository cleanup scripts.  This seems to have resolved the issues we were experiencing.

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

I'm glad to hear things were resolved here. Unfortunately, synchronization issues in multi-node were a live option but a bit too complicated to troubleshoot on a forum but it sounds like you all got things sorted out.