Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kjhertz
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Copy Cell Value in Qlik Sense

Where is the "Copy to Clipboard" feature in Qlik Sense where we can capture single cell values or whole tables as text only?

I've been using Qlik Sense more for data exploration but I am really missing the feature we have in QlikView to copy a cell value ("Copy to Clipboard" --> "Cell Value"). If I wish to capture a cell value or table in Qlik Sense it seems I have to download an Excel copy of the whole table and then copy the cell value(s) from there (Se screenshot).

There must be another way I have missed?

Capture.PNG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chris3669
Contributor III
Contributor III

One option you have is to use the browser dev tools to extract the value from the web page.

This is going to work only if you are using the QlikSense server (not sure if there is a similar option for desktop).

Crtl  + Shift + C

hover over the value, and you can copy it

2018-01-04 09_54_03-teste_christian - Minha nova pasta (1) _ Pastas - Qlik Sense.png

It will work ok for single values.

View solution in original post

15 Replies
andy
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

I miss it too...

sigurdfjeld
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

+1

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it's awful this feature is missing.

I like to use Qlik, have copy single unique ID's into SQL server, that are not fun to type.

When checking a certain row for data quality issues.

I also know a lot of people who use the copy function at my previous work, to copy ID's into their registration system, to look up a certain account.

rittermd
Master
Master

If you never worked with QlikView then you don't know that you are missing it.

It was great to be able to copy and paste for testing purposes.

I'm sure that one day this feature and many others will show up in QS.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Me too!

chris3669
Contributor III
Contributor III

One option you have is to use the browser dev tools to extract the value from the web page.

This is going to work only if you are using the QlikSense server (not sure if there is a similar option for desktop).

Crtl  + Shift + C

hover over the value, and you can copy it

2018-01-04 09_54_03-teste_christian - Minha nova pasta (1) _ Pastas - Qlik Sense.png

It will work ok for single values.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Quiet an entertaining solution, thanks!

kjhertz
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Great workaround!

And it works with Sense Desktop to since you can use your browser (as long as Sense Desktop is open in the background) from the address http://localhost:4848/hub

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow interesting work around, but this can't be the 'working solution' for a full fledged BI software.

I hope Qlik has a better solution on it's way to facilitate a simple action as copying a field value...