Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

Employee
Employee

Re: Copy Cell Value in Qlik Sense

I am not sure I would consider using dev tools as a correct answer. That will not work for your average business user.

Being a touch friendly interface it is not easy for a UX perspective for a user to highlight a value, as it then is interpreted as a selection. This means you can not accomplish browser based highlight-copy behavior.

The object context menu not offer copy as an option. This might seem trivial, but I am not sure copy would be that easy to implement so that it works with all browsers and devices. I guess this is partly the down side with modern ecosystems. 

While the copy option is not available I would suggest looking at theses options;

• Export table to Excel. Which might be a decent option when copying multiple values.
  • Qlik Sense widget can be setup to show a read only view, which allows copy paste through browser
  • Browser extension/add-on that allows exporting the cell content. See Qlik Sense Export - Chrome Web Store ‌as an example for Chrome
  • An extension object can behave differently and could open up for easy copy-paste
stefano_draghi
New Contributor II

Hi everyone,

I created an idea in community so we can get this implemented out-of-the-box. You can check it here:

Copy Cell Value in Qlik Sense

Cheers,

Stefano

Highlighted
piotr-bratek
New Contributor III

I'm pretty sure it will be added somewhere in 2029 :). So far, thanks God there is Vizlib ... 

https://www.vizlib.com/table/ 

Then, just right-click -> Export -> Copy Cell Value to Clipboardcopy-cell.png

https://www.dataminers.io/en/
ex-Training Manager at Qlik Central-Eastern Europe
Rafael-MIP
New Contributor

I really miss the option or any extension to copy multiple values from table column directly. Is there any way to do that without exporting before data to Excel?

stefano_draghi
New Contributor II

Hi everyone,

This feature was finally implemented in the June 2019 release!

Cheers,

Stefano