Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Correct syntax for when SFDC data field name = Qlik script keyword/command?

Hi,

I'm working with connecting a dashboard to SFDC data and it all works fine except that I have pull in data for which the field name is "Type".   In QlikSense script editor this is automatically recognized as a command/keyword so it won't load.  I've tried putting the word in various types of quotation marks, parentheses etc but I can't get it to work.

Please help?  What is the correct syntax that would allow me to load in this data also?

thank you!

Pia

qlik.png

6 Replies
marcus_sommer

Try it with: "Type" or [Type] or `Type`

- Marcus

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Pia,

Try using the alias with your first select statement:

Select x,x,x,x,

Type as `Campaign Type`,

. . .  . .

Thanks and Regards,

Sangram Reddy.

Not applicable
Author

tried all of the above before, no luck

Not applicable
Author

if you mean Type as  "Campaign Type" - does not work...

thanks

marcus_sommer

Within the qlik sense part are square-brackets working for me - [Date] for example won't be highlighted but even without them worked the load-statement which meant Date wouldn't be handled as keyword or function else simply as field (the syntax interpreter isn't always correct).

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

Thanks for your help.

I feel foolish but I think it actually works just as it is.  Although the word is "flagged" as a script command it actually works.  I just assumed it was not working and tried all kinds of different variations to no avail.

Again, thanks for jumping in to help.