cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Count Null value in set modifier in straight table

Greetings community,

I am working on getting a table to show the students that are incompleted on the bases of:

Count(DISTINCT {$< [Transcript Status Description] = {'Confirmed', 'In-Progress'}>} [Learner TID])

Currently that is in my measure column.

I am having a hard time getting this set modifier to count null values in the same column  [Transcript Status Description].

I have attempted to create an if statement into a variable, but it doesn't seem to play nicely with the table as it does with my KPI

any suggestions??

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

May be try this:

Count(DISTINCT {$<[Learner TID] = {"=Match([Transcript Status Description], 'Confirmed', 'In-Progress')" or Len(Trim([Transcript Status Description])) = 0 "}>} [Learner TID])

View solution in original post

15 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

sunny_talwar

May be try this:

Count(DISTINCT {$<[Learner TID] = {"=Match([Transcript Status Description], 'Confirmed', 'In-Progress')" or Len(Trim([Transcript Status Description])) = 0 "}>} [Learner TID])

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

hmm that does give me the correct number I'm looking for but it does not display it in the straight table.

every row that's being counted should be displayed with the corresponding dimension(s)

sunny_talwar

Not sure I understand the corresponding dimension(s) part. Do you have a sample of screenshots you can use to show what exactly you mean?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

sunny_talwar

Sorry but I am not sure what is wrong in the above image?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

those are the results from the original post, so I need to have it give me a count of the 'Confirmed', 'In-Progress' (which is being displayed) and add the null count to it as well.

sunny_talwar

What are the numbers you expect to see? I mean the problem is I don't see [Transcript Status Description] and I don't know what your expected output is?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

when placed into a KPI it gives me 304, but for some reason it gives me only 3 in the table