Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SuharjoNg
Contributor
Contributor

Count and Group By In Bar Chart

Hi All,

I faced a problem,

I had a table like this

Name|Division|Month|Result

A|A1|May2020|AC

A|A2|May2020|AC

A|A3|May2020|AC

A|A4|May2020|AC

A|A1|May2020|NC

B|B1|June2020|AC

B|B1|June2020|AC

B|B2|June2020|NC

B|B3|June2020|AC

I want to make a bar chart that I can Count(Result) and Grouping By Name, Result and Grouping By Name, Month, Result

But now I only can make bar chart count(result) and count(result) of each Name was same value and cannot Grouping By Name, Result and Grouping By Name, Month, Result

Please show me the way, thanks before.

Labels (1)
1 Reply
QlikTom
Employee
Employee

You may run into limitations with this approach, but you could try creating a calculated dimension that combines name and result.

Either in the data load script or as a calculated dimension create a field that combines Name and Result. 

=Name&'|'&Result

Create a bar chart with 2 dimensions (the maximum allowed) Month, and NameResult field. 
The measure will be count(result)

Stacked:

QlikTom_0-1593709963214.png

Grouped:

QlikTom_1-1593710092832.png

Also if the Month field is just a string, you can convert it to a date so it sorts correctly

=date(makedate(num(right(Month,4)),month(date#(left(Month,len(Month)-4),'MMMM')),1),'MMM YYYY')

QlikTom_2-1593712017573.png

Alternatively, perhaps leverage a different approach of having two bar charts side by side leveraging the interactive capabilities of Qlik Sense so users could select what they wanted to see. 
*if the requirements are flexible enough.

1. count(result), grouped by Month, Name
  2. count(result), grouped by Month, Result

More on bar charts in Qlik Sense:
https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/latest/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Visualizations/Bar-Chart/b...