Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
helge_jorg
Creator
Creator

Count days in row when measure is grater than 0

Qlik experts,

I would like to count days in row where the measure is grater greater than zero.

When a day is lower than zero, the count should be restarted so that the KPI is only showing days in row when the measure is greater than zero.

I need help to create a new set analysis that will count the days in row with a measure greater than zero. This should be used in a KPI.

Here is the set analysis I currently use for count days with measure greater than 0. This set analysis returns days with a measure greater than zero for entire 2018. Is it possible to restart the count if one day has a measure lower or = to zero?

count({$<[Vaerdata.Verdi]={">0"}, ElementID={'RR'},Year= {'2018'}>} [Vaerdata.Verdi])

Cheers,

Helge

10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you using a chart? That set analysis should only be providing you with 1 or null values for each rows.

If this is not what you want, please provide some sample data and I would be willing to help.

Regards,

helge_jorg
Creator
Creator
Author

I need help to create a new set analysis that will count the days in row with a measure greater than zero. This should be used in a KPI.

The set analysis shown above will only give 0 or 1. I added this here so that you can see the input that I need to include in the new set analysis.

Unfortunately I can not share a sample app.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try something like the below:

Aggr(count({$<[Vaerdata.Verdi]={">0"}, ElementID={'RR'},Year= {'2018'}>} [Vaerdata.Verdi]),[Vaerdata.Verdi])

helge_jorg
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for your suggestion, but unfortunately it does not work. The KPI returns a  -

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just replicated it and it works fine on my side.  Like the below :

count({<Vaerdata.Verdi = {">0"},Year = {2018},ElementID = {'RR'}>}Vaerdata.Verdi)

I suspect it could have something to do with your formatting, are you sure the Vaerdata.Verdi field is numerical?

Also , Does your data look like the below:

Comm.PNG

helge_jorg
Creator
Creator
Author

I have attached an excel-file to the original post.

I believe that the data is formatted as numerical. There is only numerical data in that row. How can I double check that is set to be numerical?

The data-source looks like this (the column vaerdata.verdi also contains values of 0,0 😞

Test data.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable

The formula i provides would still work, your values are numerical so it should be fine, however, do you have a year field?

Otherwise you would need to add the below to your script:

Right(Dato,4) as Year

Alternatively just change the set analysis to the below:

=count({<ElementID = {'RR'},Vaerdata.Verdi = {">0"},Dato = {"=Right(Dato,4) = 2018"}>}Vaerdata.Verdi)

helge_jorg
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for all your help, Ruan.

I use a master calendar, so Year is included.

I still get the same results in the KPI. I don't understand what's wrong. It works fine when the aggr is not included. See picture below.

aggr(count).JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats the correct amount based on the test file.

Was amount are you expecting to find?