Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
whiteside
Contributor III
Contributor III

Count expression with an OR funktion?

Hello Everyone,

This one really give me a headache.

I am trying to count actually IDs that have either "Attribute 1" X or y  OR "Attribute 2" X or y.

My current Syntax is this:

count({<[Attribute 1]={'X','y'},[Attribute 2] ={'X','y'}>} distinct ([ IDs ]))

and the Number that shown up is 743 (13+730).

I gues this makes sense from the Syntax.

But How am i suppose to rewrite it so i get 1280 (13 + 730 + 537) without mentioniong B in my syntax? I just want "Attribute 1" X or y  OR "Attribute 2" X or y.

best regards

whiteside

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
joseph_eftamand
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

You can try splitting the 2 modifiers out, if you are trying to get the results for Attribute 1 = added to the results for  Attribute 2 = x,y.

count({<[Attribute 1]={'X','y'}> + <[Attribute 2] ={'X','y'}>} distinct ([ IDs ])).

Let me know if this works for you.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
joseph_eftamand
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

You can try splitting the 2 modifiers out, if you are trying to get the results for Attribute 1 = added to the results for  Attribute 2 = x,y.

count({<[Attribute 1]={'X','y'}> + <[Attribute 2] ={'X','y'}>} distinct ([ IDs ])).

Let me know if this works for you.

whiteside
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Excellent 😃 Thank you so much Joseph.

First i was confused because the number that was counted was 1498. But then i realized that i forgot to count 218 in my original question  😃

So this Syntax works perfect for me since it count everything i want without the B. So it is 1498 (13+730+537+218).

whiteside
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

ingenious