Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sstefancies
Contributor III
Contributor III

Count if the result of count is less than a number

I have used two previous posts to get as far as I have, but have resulting questions:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/New-to-QlikView/Count-if-the-result-of-count-is-less-than-a-number/m-p...

https://community.qlik.com/t5/New-to-Qlik-Sense/A-count-of-a-count-function/m-p/1571219#M133206

Example data:

wo-no, Activity

WO1, A1

WO1, A2

WO2, A1

WO2, T1

WO3, T1

WO3, T1

WO4, A1

I need to count the number of wo-nos that have fewer than 2 T1 Activities in this example.  So my resulting number should be 3 because WO3 is the only one that has 2 T1 activities.  

The first formula I used almost worked, but it wouldn't count zeros:

Sum (

if( Aggr( Count( {<[Activity]={'T1'}>} [Activity]) , [wo-no] ) < 2 , 1, 0 )

)

The second formula didn't work once I added the set expression:

sum(aggr(if(count( [Activity])<2,count([Activity])),[wo-no]))  

That would return 1 because WO4 is the only one with fewer than 2 activities total, but I only care about T1.  So I added a set expression:

sum(aggr(if(count( {<[Activity]={'T1'}>} [Activity])<2,count([Activity])),[wo-no])) 

And I'm not sure what that did since it returned 598656 when my total number to begin with was only 133.  

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

How about this?

Count(DISTINCT {<[wo-no] = {"=Count({<Activity = {'T1'}>}Activity) + Sum(0) < 2"}>} [wo-no])

View solution in original post

sunny_talwar

Based on the sample data... I get 3 using the sample

image.png

View solution in original post

5 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be this

Count(DISTINCT {<[wo-no] = {"=Count({<Activity = {'T1'}>}Activity) < 2"}>} [wo-no])
sstefancies
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

That didn't work.  I'm not sure what it's counting.  It didn't return anything meaningful. 

sunny_talwar

How about this?

Count(DISTINCT {<[wo-no] = {"=Count({<Activity = {'T1'}>}Activity) + Sum(0) < 2"}>} [wo-no])
sunny_talwar

Based on the sample data... I get 3 using the sample

image.png

sstefancies
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I believe this is working.  Thank you so much!