cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jack95
Contributor II
Contributor II

Count levels of a dimension where a measure exceeds a certain value

Hi, I am currently quite new to Qlik sense and am having trouble with an expression I'm trying to calculate

I am working with a measure relating to average web page views, which looks something like this:

sum({$<Event={'webpageview'},
                      Year={'2018'}>}
     ViewCount)

/

sum(
     {$<Year={'2018'}>}
     PageCount)

Hopefully you can see there that I am calculating the average page views by dividing the total page view events by the total number of pages

I have even saved this calculation as the variable AvgPageViews2018, and am able to run it using ${AvgPageViews2018}. Let's imagine that if I do so, the value of ${AvgPageViews2018} = 40

If I segment this measure by a dimension that I am using called 'CustomerID', it is successfully run for each Customer and returns a different value for each, let's say it looks something like this:

Capture.PNG

The issue I am having is with counting the number of Customers for whom the AvgPageViews2018 measure exceeds a certain value - for example I may want to count the number where AvgPageViews2018 is greater than 30, which in this example would be 4

How would I calculate the number of CustomerIDs where ${AvgPageViews2018} > 30, or even where ${AvgPageViews2018} is greater than the value of another variable?

Many thanks in advance for any help

Labels (1)
1 Reply
Romstar111
Contributor II
Contributor II

I am working on something similar in Qlik Sense with no luck.