Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danihs
Contributor
Contributor

Count lines and compare to quantities in another field

Hello,

I have a table "A" and a table "B", both containing dates.

Table A

DateCountryForecast qty
dd.mm.yyyyx33

Table B

datecountry 
dd.mm.yyyyx 

The actuals are the number of lines in table B and the forecasts are the quantities per line in its correspondent field in table A. I can use the month and country to link both tables but I cannot get to put "forecasts" (sum) and "actuals" (count of lines in table B) in the same table to be able to compare them in graphs.

I am new to Qlik Sense so your help is very appreciated!

Thank you

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The data does not have to be in the same table, the tables will be linked by common fieldname(s).  From the chart perspective, it's one big joined table. 

Make a chart, for example a table chart. Use Month and Country as Dimensions. 

1st Measure: Sum([Forecast qty])

2nd Measure: You will need field unique to TableB to count. If you have a such a field, you can get the count of lines in TableB as "count(fieldname)".  If you don't have a suitable field, you can create one in the load script by adding the following to the Load statement for TableB.

1 as Actual

and then "sum(Actual)" in your chart. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The data does not have to be in the same table, the tables will be linked by common fieldname(s).  From the chart perspective, it's one big joined table. 

Make a chart, for example a table chart. Use Month and Country as Dimensions. 

1st Measure: Sum([Forecast qty])

2nd Measure: You will need field unique to TableB to count. If you have a such a field, you can get the count of lines in TableB as "count(fieldname)".  If you don't have a suitable field, you can create one in the load script by adding the following to the Load statement for TableB.

1 as Actual

and then "sum(Actual)" in your chart.