Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
holguinmora
Contributor III
Contributor III

Count number of pages / sheets and create a connection

Hi to all!!

On the next images a screenshots of a connection that change the number of sheets / pages form a HTM file form time to time.

Any ideas on how to configure the connection so every time gets all the sheets / pages?

Important to mention that on the last image a yellow segment that shows how the info finish. On the first column the las line is always a *

As always thank you very much for your help and Ideas!!!!!!

Sometimes I get 6 sheets / pages

Hojas2.png

Sometimes I get 3 sheets / pages:Hojas1.png

Always the last line of the firs column is *

Asterisco.png

any ideas?

Labels (3)
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

holguinmora
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

eddi hi, 

In the link that you sent me there I was not able to find examples or procedures on how can count the number of pages of a HTM documment / file.

Is it possible for you to be a little bit more specific?

Or with a script example?

Anonymous
Not applicable

The part that shows "Loading data from a dynamically created URL" has a similar function to what you are asking (but I could not be 100% sure). 

Outside that, these were my only thoughts. 

EDL

holguinmora
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

ddi hi

It did not work... This is not a url is a file that I get every day in HTM format, can you ask any of your colegas and if you find something can you share it with me? 

Wlad_Masi
Employee
Employee

Hello there,

Would this other community thread help you?

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to mark a correct resolution or answer to your problem or question as correct.
holguinmora
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Wlad hi,

Thank you for the link, I saw this post days a go but unfortunately I can´t use it because as the number of sheets / tables change form day to day I´m not able to stablish the exact value for the next variable. I put a number under the real number of sheets I get incomplete information and If I put a value over the real number of sheets I got a error in the connection.

LET vEndSheetNumber = 50;

What I need is a way to connect to a file with out up load the data and be able with a function to count the number of sheets / tables so I can create a variable with this info and replace the '50' in the next variable from your example and get all the data.

LET vEndSheetNumber = 50;

Important to mention that I´m using Qlik Sense cloud or Qlik sense desktop not Qlikvew

Any ideas?