Contributor

Count sum of employee per month

Hi everyone!

I have fields,

a. Date (from table master calendar)

b. start_date (from table employee)

c. resign_date (from table employee)

d. name (from table employee)

I want to create a measure to be added in the chart that can count sum of employee that still exist (exist mean : start_date<=Date and resign_date>=Date). And I want it to be able to calculate sum of employee per month in each year.

Can any of you help me? Thank you

Labels (1)
6 Replies
agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi @borndy2904 ,

Which are your chart dimensions?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Perhaps this

Sum(Aggr(Count(TOTAL <Month> {<Date={"=Date>=start_date and Date<=resign_date"}>} Employee), Year))

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
borndy2904
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi @agigliotti ,

The chart dimension is month from field Date.

borndy2904
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi @Anil_Babu_Samineni,

Thank you for your answer.

I've tried the expression you gave and there are no errors with the expression, but the output that appears is not as expected. The output that appears is '0' in every month.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

We are here just to give hints on your data model not for final solution 🙂 anyway, can we have some data where you are saying that it is not working?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

maybe this:

=count( DISTINCT if( start_date<=Min(Date) and resign_date>=Max(Date), EmployeeID ))

I hope it can help.
Best Regards
Andrea