Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie777
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Count the number of vendors which had transactions in selected years

Hi,

I'd like to write a measure formula which only counts the number of vendors which the company had transactions in a selected years and not count all the vendors in the vendor master data.  The formula below is producing error message. 

=count(if(aggr(
sum({<[Year]={$(=max([Year]))} >} [Amount in local currency]),[Vendor name]))<>0
,distinct([Vendor name]),0))

I'd appreciate it if you could let me know how I can fix the formula.  

Thank you!

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Count({<[Vendor Name] = {"=Sum({<[Year]={$(=max([Year]))>}[Amount in local currency]) > 0"}>} Distinct [Vendor Name])

-Rob

View solution in original post

Kushal_Chawda

@Newbie777  you have syntax error in your expression. You are missing "}"  as highlighted below

Count({<[Vendor Name] = {"=Sum({<[Year]={$(=max([Year]))}>}[Amount in local currency]) > 0"}>} Distinct [Vendor Name])

View solution in original post

5 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Count({<[Vendor Name] = {"=Sum({<[Year]={$(=max([Year]))>}[Amount in local currency]) > 0"}>} Distinct [Vendor Name])

-Rob

Newbie777
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thanks a lot for your advice.  I copied and pasted your measure formula into the app, and the answer yielded is 0, even though vendor name count should be a different number.  I am going in the right direction, but I am wondering what is wrong still.  

Newbie7_0-1631371779890.png

Kushal_Chawda

@Newbie777  you have syntax error in your expression. You are missing "}"  as highlighted below

Count({<[Vendor Name] = {"=Sum({<[Year]={$(=max([Year]))}>}[Amount in local currency]) > 0"}>} Distinct [Vendor Name])

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Can you replicate this by hand? Meaning make a chart with dimension = [Name 2] and Measure = Sum([FBL3N by employee.Amount in local currency]. Then select Year=2021 in selections.  

-Rob

Newbie777
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Excellent.  I added the curly bracket missing and the formula works now.  Thanks a lot!