Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
david_pearson
Contributor III
Contributor III

Count top 10 from table

Hi All

I have a problem I cant quite sort and wonder if anyone can help.

I have a table looking at top ten based on the "cause description". The cause desc has been restricted to display the top 10 in the Qlik table using “Fixed Number”. I can see the correct top 10 however when I apply a count to field "CLAIMNO" I get the wrong total. The total imgetting is actually all the CLAIMNO in the full table rather than just the top 10 displayed.

Any thoughts or suggestion/answers would be great 😏

I had merely applied count(CLAIMNO) initially which obviously hasnt worked.

thanks 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
david_pearson
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

got it. 

the dimension 

"=IF(Aggr(Rank(SUM(CLAIMNO),4),CAUSE DESCRIPTION)<=10,CAUSE DESCRIPTION)"

then Expression "= Count(CLAIMNO)"

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Perhaps this?

count({<[Cause Description] = {"$(=Aggr(Rank(Count(CLAIMNO))<11, [Cause Description]))"}>} CLAIMNO)

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
david_pearson
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

thanks for the reply. this puts a 0 in all the cells for this column 😞

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Perhaps this?

Calculate Dimension:

=IF(Aggr(Rank(Count(CLAIMNO),[Cause Description])<=10,[Cause Description])

Or

Expression:

SUM({<[Cause Description] = {"=Rank(Count(CLAIMNO))<=10"}>}CLAIMNO)

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
david_pearson
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

it would need to be an expression as im wanting to count the vol of CLAIMNO. the problem with the

"SUM({<[Cause Description] = {"=Rank(Count(CLAIMNO))<=10"}>}CLAIMNO)"

is that the CLAIMNO field is numeric. therefore when i want to count 2 claimno below i would expect the output to be 2 however with your cover i would get 234234 as it sums the fields together.

CLAIMNO

Anil_Babu_Samineni

What is returning using that expression?

david_pearson
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

got it. 

the dimension 

"=IF(Aggr(Rank(SUM(CLAIMNO),4),CAUSE DESCRIPTION)<=10,CAUSE DESCRIPTION)"

then Expression "= Count(CLAIMNO)"

david_pearson
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@Anil_Babu_Samineni, now that the initial problem has been sorted i have another one. using this new total i want to get a % split for each cause description. i would normally doe count(claimno)/count(total claimno) however this is still taking the overall total (761) of the table rather than the expected 648.

any suggestions?

thanks 

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Perhaps this?

count(claimno)/count(total <Description> claimno)

david_pearson
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

unfortunately not. this gives the below as a percentage. it just, for example, doing 177/177 rather than 177/648

clipboard_image_0.png