Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Counting Occurrences of a Word in a String in each Row

Hi,

I have  data Which consists the patient experiences for a Hospitals regarding particular services, The patient experiences is in the form of sentences, now I want to count the key words in  patient answers like " usually, sometimes, medium" into one category (medium), "always, high, yes" should be counted as (Strong) and "low, never, no" should be counted as (Weak).  I want this to show patient experience in a pie chart for strong, weak , medium measures.

Can anyone help me to solve this ?

QuestionPatient Experience
How often did patients receive help quickly from hospital staff?Patients usually received help as soon as they wanted
How often was patients pain well controlled?Pain was always well controlled
How often was patients pain well controlled?Pain was sometimes or never well controlled
How often was patients pain well controlled?Pain was usually well controlled
How often did staff explain about medicines before giving them to patients?Staff always explained
How often did staff explain about medicines before giving them to patients?Staff sometimes or never explained
How often did staff explain about medicines before giving them to patients?Staff usually explained
Were patients given information about what to do during their recovery at home?No, staff did not give patients this information
Were patients given information about what to do during their recovery at home?Yes, staff did give patients this information
How do patients rate the hospital overall?Patients who gave a rating of 6 or lower (low)
How do patients rate the hospital overall?Patients who gave a rating of 7 or 8 (medium)
How do patients rate the hospital overall?Patients who gave a rating of 9 or 10 (high)
How often was the area around patients rooms kept quiet at night?Always quiet at night
How often was the area around patients rooms kept quiet at night?Sometimes or never quiet at night
How often was the area around patients rooms kept quiet at night?Usually quiet at night
Would patients recommend the hospital to friends and family?NO, patients would not recommend the hospital (they probably would not or definitely would not recommend it)
Would patients recommend the hospital to friends and family?YES, patients would definitely recommend the hospital
Would patients recommend the hospital to friends and family?YES, patients would probably recommend the hospital

Regards,

Sharath.

2 Replies
maxgro
MVP
MVP

see attachment for an idea

Ralf-Narfeldt
Employee
Employee

How should a reply like "Sometimes or never quiet at night" be categorized, when it contains keywords from different categories?