Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Counting incorrect strings in a table

Intro: I have a number of barcodes available in my table, some of which are incorrect.
The correct barcodes generally have a string length of 13 and do not contain any alphabets.
They would generally begin with a 3 string prefix that begins with the number 7. So for e.g.
7010000000001, 7020000000001, 703000000001 are all correct barcodes.

Problem: I have some incorrect barcodes in my table/data set which do not have any of the above mentioned characteristics. for eg, 11098, Y0mc, 1, 2, 898099 etc. 

Question: I am looking for a clever way to count the number of these incorrect barcodes I have. Here is what i have tried(not sure its the cleverest way too):

count(distinct [Barcode]) - count({<Barcode={'*^701*', '*^702*', '*^703*'}>}DISTINCT Barcode)

Trying to do a count of all the barcode minus a count of barcodes that contain the prefix.
I have tried this but it doesnt seem to return the correct number. Can someone please help?

Thanks in advance

Labels (2)
5 Replies
sunny_talwar

Can you try this

Count(DISTINCT [Barcode]) -
Count({<Barcode = {"?701*", "?702*", "?703*"}>} DISTINCT Barcode)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi @sunny_talwar, Unfortunately this doesnt work. It returns a count of all the barcodes i have instead of doing the subtraction of the incorrect ones. 

sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share a sample (mocked up data) where you can replicate your issue and share it with us so that we can see the exact issue and try out few things?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

@sunny_talwar I have also tried

Count(DISTINCT [Barcode]) - Len (Barcode < '13')

To try to subtract from the total barcodes minus barcodes where the length is less than 13. still no luck. 

sunny_talwar

I am not sure how your data looks like... a sample would really help here