Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Counts give Double the true value

Hi

I am using a Bar chart and am counting the number of instances in the category and am getting double the true value. The category is a numeric dimension ie Cost. I am also summing over the values in that category and getting double the number exactly.

Any thoughts

Regards

14 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

G Bortz wrote:

My original Xcel file has 532 rows , what have I done to have loaded 1064 rows , how did you see my table has 1064 rows...if you show me how to see that ...YOU HAVE SOLVED MY PROBLEM..my table has been loaded twice ...

Go to data model, click on the table header ('Sheet1') then open the preview with the upper right icon.

It's telling you 1064 rows are in the table.

By expanding the table to show all fields, you can examine the single fields by clicking on the field names.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

G Bortz wrote:

Yes I have a script in the editor, but its only there once , how did this happen and how do I prevent it from happening again ?

Thnx

Grham

Have you used the wizard to import the excel? And maybe also copied script code from another app?

Not applicable
Author

I used the script editor and maybe reloaded using import from excell.

Should i therefore only use 1 method..the load editor.

I should also  check the number of lines in the viewer.

How can i  correct the situation? How do i delete the table ?. Or can i just go to the load editor And reload the table..making sure there is only 1 i nstance of the script.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

If your corrected your script, a reload should be all you need.

Not applicable
Author

swuehl,

Thank you very much for all your help and guidance

Regards

Graham