Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Crash when switching monitors/video card with nvidia optimus

Qlik Sense desktop crashes when I remove my laptop from the docking station, or when I put it back in. This is likely due to the laptop switching between video cards when more than 1 monitor is attached.

Hardware:

Lenovo T430 with both built-in Intel video + extra NVIDIA NVS 5400M video card

Lenovo docking station with 2x Dell full HD lcd monitors (DVI connection), using 2x full hd resolution

Software:

Windows 7 Professional SP1

NVIDIA driver 9.18.13.1270

Message was edited by: Dirk Jonker Added logs

6 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Dirk,

Can you provide us with some log information? - found here:

C:\Users\<user>\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Log

• Stop Desktop
  • Delete all the logs
  • Start Desktop
  • Perform act that makes it crash
  • zip up all logs and attach log to this thread

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Dirk - are you still interested in following up with this issue, or should we consider this resolved?

Let us know, thanks

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Hello Michael,

I have attached the logs in the opening post!

Dirk

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Thanks Dirk - when you attempt to remove the machine from the docking station, - I assume Desktop is still up and running. Most likely when this occurs, (as you suspected) there is hardware reconfiguration, certain network connections, sockets and mappings may be dropped as indicated by the Engine log. If you stop Desktop. Un-dock and start - I assume this crash does not happen. Thought this may not be a desirable behavior, it may be a temporary work-around. I will send this to our engineers to tak a further look at this, possibly to elegantly handle this situation in the future. I will update you as soon as I hear something.

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
bkc
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Dirk and Michael,

this issue is stated as limitation in Qlik Sense 1.1.

"Undocking a laptop from a docking station, or docking a laptop onto a docking station, might cause Qlik Sense Desktop to crash if it is running while the docking/undocking procedure is performed.

Workaround: Make sure Qlik Sense Desktop is closed before docking/undocking the laptop from the docking station."

This bug is a browser bug and appears also in Google Chrome, only when using laptop with separate graphic card NVidia GPU . For more information please see https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/ZUr06oCmNfw

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Thanks Belma  - yes R&D is aware of it - Qlik Sense Desktop under the covers uses the Chromium web browser so they are in the same family. Chromium (web browser) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - we appreciate your diligence in following up with us.

Mike T

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik