Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Create Connection - No OLE DB available

Hi,

I'm trying to create an OLE DB connection in my report and when I click Creare Connection, I only see Folder. I don't understand why I don't have the others options. Does someone can help me please.

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
reddy-s
Master II
Master II

So if you are not able to create a ODBC/OLE DB connection then it surely has to do with the rights.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Daniel,

OLE DB connection is available in Qlik Sense. Please check the following video. It will assist you on how to do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpXblF6WE4M

Thanks,

Sangram Reddy.

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Also If you are using a Sense server check if you have all the rights to create a data connection.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

thanks for the fast answer. I forgot to mention that the users use the web interface, not the desktop version. Does OLEDB is also available for the web based version ?

Thank you.

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Daniel,

OLE DB is available even on the server edition. Are you using Qlik Cloud? You cannot use OLE DB only in the Qlik Cloud environment.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thx for the answer. Actualy, we are not using the cloud. It's only server with browser access.

Today if I got time, I will check the user's rights if this is the problem.

Thank you.

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

So if you are not able to create a ODBC/OLE DB connection then it surely has to do with the rights.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Sangram.

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Always Welcome!