Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Create Dimension scatter plot

Hi,

Wondering any chance I can use the dimensions instead of measure for drawing out the

scatter plot

Saying, having

Career  as Y axis

Age as X axis

The size of the bubble is the #of age count in each age group

Can people create this?

4 Replies
rohitk1609
Master
Master

Hi Celine,

scatter need one dimension and two least measures, can you please define , there measure and one dimension then I can tell what exactly you are asking

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rohit,

That is my question. I know how to do that using 2 measures.

The measures need to be 2 axis X and Y

but any chance I only use 1 measure.--which is not the X OR Y axis but the size of the buble

and replace the X,Y using only dimension (category)

any chance I can draw this graph?

rohitk1609
Master
Master

Hi Celine,

Scatter and bubble chart need at least two measure, now you are saying , you wanna use X and Y dimension , you could use any aggregate function like count but in the end it has to be numbers on X and Y axis. and I believe if you do that it will not make any sense. What I can suggest you, Use heat map, I am sure you are looking a solution which match with http://branch.qlik.com/#!/project/56728f52d1e497241ae6983e.

here dimension will be on X and Y axis and number will come in pane area.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Rohit Kumar

AkshayKapoor
Contributor
Contributor

I am not able to display discrete values of dimension in x-axis, it only allows measures in x and y axis. Trying to replicate chart which was created in PowerBI