Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sona_sa
Creator II
Creator II

Create a Scatter Chart

Hi,

I want to create a Scatter Chart on behalf of attached xls data. I need the count of employee which fall in between X - Axis and Y - Axis. Below is Output.

sona_sa_0-1618919461685.png

Thanks

Labels (1)
6 Replies
Dalton_Ruer
Support
Support

The help for a Scatter Plot can be found here. To create a Scatter Plot as you will see in the help you simply choose a Dimension (like your Employee ID) and then use 2 measures like Rate and Ratio: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/February2021/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Visualizations/Scatt...

The chart doesn't filter values on Zoom. It simply zooms in or out because it is responsive to the volume of data as you will see in the help. If you want to be able to count the items you are looking at you can select by clicking and holding your mouse in either or both axis. That will filter your values and any KPI's you have will then reflect those values, and the dimension you used will show the # of values in the selection bar.

ScatterPlotSelect.png

sona_sa
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks Dalton.

I accept it, Do me a favor, Can you create a scatter on the attached xls. Already the desired output I shared. If Y - Axis in bucket is not possible than make it 0%, 10%, 20% ...... So On. For an idea.

sona_sa_0-1618924760960.png

Thanks

Dalton_Ruer
Support
Support

Here it is. I simply changed the Axis Scale. 

You have too many points to show every point so it shows a Density Map first. 

As you begin zooming it will show the number of points in a range, then it will show the actual points. The Axis labels will continue changing as you zoom in. So although it starts at 10% when fully expanded it will shrink to single % numbers when you get more and more zoomed in. 

ScatterDone.png

sona_sa
Creator II
Creator II
Author

First of all thanks to you Dalton.

Excatly, The same I need as a output. Please share QVF, So I can check it and continue the same.

Thanks Again. Please share the QVF. 🙂

sona_sa
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Can you share the QVF, So I can proceed for the same?

Thanks

sona_sa
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Dalton,

Can you share the same QVF, So I can create and proceed for next for further analysis for next possibilities.

Thanks.