Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fvarlet
Contributor II
Contributor II

Create a filter pane not fully dependant of another filter pane

Hello,

I would like to add a filter pane for the dimension [Category], while I already have another filter pane for the dimension [_MonthYear].

[_MonthYear] is a field of my Master Calendar and represents the last displayed month on my dashboard, which can cover a period of several months.

As there aren't all categories every month, some categories may be greyed out.

I've tried:

Aggr(Only({1} Category), Category)

as dimension of my filter pane, but they're still greyed.
I've also tried to include a set analysis like:

=Aggr({<$(vEmptyDate)>} Reporting,Reporting)

where the variable vEmptyDate is defined as:

%DateKey=,
_Date=,
_DayMonth=,
_WeekDay=,
_Week=,
_WeekYear=,
_Month=,
_MonthYear=,

But it doesn't work neither.

What could be the solution?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Labels (2)
11 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Perhaps this
=Aggr(only({<$(vEmptyDate)>} Reporting), Reporting)
Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
fvarlet
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I've tried :

Aggr(Only({<$(vEmptyDate)>} Category),Category)
Aggr(Only({1} Category),Category)

it's greyed

If I try without "Only":

Aggr(({1} Category),Category)
Aggr(({<$(vEmptyDate)>} Category),Category)

then nothing appears

I've also tried without the internal parenthesis:

Aggr({<$(vEmptyDate)>} Category,Category)
Aggr({1} Category,Category)

and the values that were greyed are not visible now.

I don't know what to do next, and I don't understand why these previous tests were unsuccessful.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

That is because, aggr won't allow to use set operarors like identifies and modifiers..

So, to look your problem we may ask you to attach sample set of data
Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
fvarlet
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you for your help.

I've just finished to design a dashboard that provides the same effect.

I try to attach the qvf to my message, but when I post it, I have the message "The contents of the attachment doesn't match its file type."

It's my first attached file here and I don't see any indication of what I should do.

How can I attach my qvf file?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Thats the drawback using new lithium community portal.
Please try to attach many times.. that is the option where we can attach..

fvarlet
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

After 10 unsuccessful attempts, I've decided to upload the file on a website. You can access to it via this link: https://mon-partage.fr/f/S5R15lz0/

If I select the month of November, the category 'Distributor' in the 'Category' filter pane is greyed.

For information, I'm focussing on the Category filter here, but I have the same kind of problem with charts and maps

fvarlet
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello,

Can you confirm if you have access to the file?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I can download your application, Can you get me to understand - What you want to see in tabular?

fvarlet
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

When I select a specific month, e.g. Sep-2018, I can only select the 'Distributor' category, the other categories are greyed.

But Sep-2018 is just the last month of the period I want to consider.

I would like to consider all categories in the 'Category' filter