Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rm1
Contributor III
Contributor III

Create a formula dynamic on year

Hello everyone

I need to create a formula that should be dynamic on year filter, ignoring other selections.

I tried:  sum({1<year=p(year)>} sales) and it works. But there is an issue: if the year is not selected the result is obviously wrong.

What I'd like is: if year is not selected, give me the sales of current year. Otherwise give me the sales of selected year.

I tried with an if:  If (IsNull(year),  sum({1 <year=p({$(=year(today()))})>} sales),   .....etc etc)

But the part in red that replaces year=p(year) doesn't work. Does anyone can help me?

Labels (4)
2 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Your expression should be

Sum({1<Year = {"$(=Max(Year))"}>}Sales)

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
rm1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi thanks.

I achieved the result through formula:  sum({$<year = {$(=year(today()))}>} [quantity activities]) --> this give me the total sales for 2020

using the formula you suggested it gaves me the quantity as if I'd use ALL:  Sum({1<Year = {"$(=Max(Year))"}>}Sales) results the same as Sum( all [quantity activities]) --> this give me the total sales for all years in my database.

Anyway your hint has been really helpful. thanks a lot!