Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jag7777777
Contributor III
Contributor III

Create a set modifier based on another field's 'forced' single selection

Hi,

I have two columns of data - a Customer and a Customer Group. Each customer belongs to only one group. I'd like to be able to compare a Customer's KPIs to that of the average of their Customer Group. So, in various charts and tables I'd like to be able to:

1. Force the user to pick only one Customer from the Customer Filter, then...

2. Write set expressions with a modifier that uses the Customer Filter's single selected value to determine the Customer Group

Thank you in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Find the app attached.

Hope this is what you want.

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Find the app attached.

Hope this is what you want.

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
jag7777777
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Kaushik - very elegant solution 🙂

Quick question, as I'm coming from QlikView (amateur!), would you use the Calculation condition formula of a visualisation in preference to the '=(only)' set modifier to restrict measures to one selection? It certainly allows for adding your own 'Display message' - which is a bonus.

Are there any pros and cons?

Cheers again,

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

The option I gave you works best. Doing if condition in dimension (Calculated Dimension) is not good for a big data.

It may create a performance issue.