Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Create a top 10 table from an already loaded excel file

Hi,

I am coming from MS PowerBI so I am not sure how to handle this in sense. This is my DAX script:

Top 10 Interest Areas = TOPN(10,SUMMARIZE('Individual Practice Area','Individual Practice Area'[Interest Area Id Desc Long],"Count", DISTINCTCOUNT('Individual Practice Area'[Indv Id])),[Count],DESC)

I tried everything from creating this visually on the chart and using the Data Load Editor.

Can this be achieved through the Visualization tool? if not, how can we accomplish the same result using Sense scripting language?

Thanks,

Fahd

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
3 Replies
martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you open the "Consumer Goods Sales" example application that comes with Qlik Sense. Go to the sheet called "Sales Rep Performance" and then click on the EDIT button to inspect how the various tables and charts are set up.

Click on the lower left chart called "Toal Revenue =..." :

2016-03-09 19_41_32-Qlik Sense Desktop.png

Change the options under the section DATA and Dimension Sales Rep, Click on Limitation and select Fixed Number - click Top and type 10 in the fx input field. Finally you can click DONE to go save your changes.

2016-03-09 19_42_00-Create a top 10 table from an already loaded ex... _ Qlik Community.png

You can select the relevant dimension for your counting and as a measure you would use the Count(DISTINCT .....)  function.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for concrete scenario. I was able to do the exact same thing using the front end which is great for our business users. However, I am curious how can this be scripted in the data load edit, in case I need to reuse this functionality across different sheets.

Thanks,

Fahd