Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AP2021
Contributor II
Contributor II

Created a load script with additional fields during loading not visible in list of fields

All, I am new to Qlik sense and I tried creating a Load script which will load the records from an excel and create some additional fields to transform the data while loading. While I see these new fields in the Data manager with the expected values in them, I am unable to use these in my chart object or fields list. Am I missing something ?

I am new to Qlik sense hence could be something wrong. Please suggest

Labels (1)
4 Replies
Usama
Creator
Creator

Hi,

Have you tried to create those fields in data load editor?

Thanks

From Nothing - To Something - To Everything
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @AP2021 

As @Usama suggests getting your head around using the Data Load Editor rather than the Data Manager is time well spent. The data manager makes simple tasks easy, but can make more involved tasks impossible.

My guess is that you need to reload data after making your change. Click the Load Data button in the top right hand corner.

Hope that helps.

Steve

AP2021
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Yes what I have done is in the load script, created multiple fields(columns) with few conditions and 'AS' keyword. I do see these additional columns satisfying all my conditions in my Data manager as well. Why would this not appear in my datamodel or the fields list ?

Ex:

If(Condition1, 'QUALIFIED','DISQUALIFIED')  AS  STATUSASONTODAY,

AP2021
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello Steve/Usama, like you suspected it was the Loading step. Yes I now see all my fields. Thanks a lot for helping me out!