Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
neerajthakur
Creator III
Creator III

Creating Flow Chart to show Life Cycle

Hi,

I want to create a flowchart showing 10 different dates for one ref_id at different steps.

Ref_ID -> Date1 -> Date2 -> Date3 -> Date4 -> Date5 -> Date6 -> Date7 -> Date8 -> Date9 -> Date10

Please suggest something which is scalable and can be extended for more dates if required.

Thanks & Regards,
Please Accepts as Solution if it solves your query.
Labels (3)
7 Replies
marcus_sommer

Do you mean something like a gantt-chart? Maybe you could apply something like this:

Recipe for a Gantt chart - Qlik Community - 1469842

Creating a Gantt Chart in Qlik Sense - Qlik Community - 1606833

- Marcus

neerajthakur
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I tried but it isn't working as in example

I have 7 Different dates related to one ID,

I would like to show lifecycle of this ID From Start of Task 1 to End of Task 7

Application Received On -> Check Date 1 -> Check Date 2 -> Check Date 3 -> Check Date 4 -> Check Date 5 -> Check Date 6

All these dates are in dimension.

image.png

I am getting this currently

image (1).png

Thanks & Regards,
marcus_sommer

Did you go carefully through the examples? Showing chains of events isn't only a UI matter else you may need to adjust the data-model appropriately. Further be aware that to each other shifted bars are enabled with the offset-feature within the attribute-expressions.

- Marcus 

neerajthakur
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Yes I followed step by step can't find this offset feature in bar chart

Thanks & Regards,
marcus_sommer

In QV it belongs to the attribute expressions. I assume that they are also available within Sense but they might be called different. Take a look for expressions with which you could conditionally adjust something like font/background color or making it bold. If they didn't completely change the logic it should be in the near.

- Marcus

neerajthakur
Creator III
Creator III
Author

This is what I am getting notice dates in X Axis can't figure it how its coming like that. Actual dates are displayed above the measure.

image (2).png

Thanks & Regards,
marcus_sommer

If I look on your screenshot I think that there is something wrong with data because the axis shows several hundred years and nearly all bar-parts show a date. I suggest you starts again at the beginning with the provided links and you could also search for another ones (the number of examples isn't huge but there are more as those two). The next then might be to rebuild the logic with dummy-data like in the examples to comprehend the methods deeply before you tries to adapt it to your real data.

- Marcus