cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sebHan
Contributor III
Contributor III

Creating a filter based on expression

Hey! I'm pretty new to qlik sense and I want to create a filter based on a expression.

Basically they thing I want to accomplish is a dropdown, where you can filter based on 4 condition.

I have tried creating a master dimension based on the following condition, which it also what 

If(Count([Customer])>1 and Sum({$<[Fiscal Year]={'FY 2021/22'}>}[Planlagte timer])>45, 'Overbooked',
if(Sum({$<[Fiscal Year]={'FY 2021/22'}>}[Planlagte timer])<25, 'Under 25',
if(Sum({$<[Fiscal Year]={'FY 2021/22'}>}[Planlagte timer])>45, 'Over 45', 'Standard')))

However, this comes in as an invalid dimension, when I implement it in a filter pane.

The desired result is a filter pane, in which I can choose between "Overbooked", "Under 25", "Over 45" and "Standard".
I have labelled this expression as Booking status.

Can anybody help here?

Labels (6)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

If you want a complex expression like this, you need to put it in an Aggr(). So...

=Aggr( <YourExpressionWithAggregations>, <Dimension> )

The dimension needs to be a field and this is the field for which the aggregations are calculated and where the engine makes the selection when a user clicks in the filter pane. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

If you want a complex expression like this, you need to put it in an Aggr(). So...

=Aggr( <YourExpressionWithAggregations>, <Dimension> )

The dimension needs to be a field and this is the field for which the aggregations are calculated and where the engine makes the selection when a user clicks in the filter pane. 

sebHan
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for the quick answer! It makes somewhat sense, and the Dimension is no longer invalid.

I still think I fail to do it properly though - is it because I have to generate Booking status in the editor, before this works?:

=Aggr((If(count([navn])=1 and Count([Customer])>1 and Sum({$<[Fiscal Year]={'FY 2021/22'}>}[Planlagte timer])>45, 'Overbooket'),
if(Sum({$<[Fiscal Year]={'FY 2021/22'}>}[Planlagte timer])<25, 'Under 25',
if(Sum({$<[Fiscal Year]={'FY 2021/22'}>}[Planlagte timer])>45, 'Over 45', 'Standard'))), "Booking status")

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

Yes, you need to have a clear definition of the dimension: Per what should the count([navn]) and the other aggregations be calculated?

And it usually means that you need a field that is defined in the script.