Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Creating a master calendar from a table and using Fiscal Year

So I already gave a dates table titled "OPS_DATES" that I was provided. It begins on 7/1/2006 (as July is the beginning of our fiscal year)  and lists every single date between then and now, and has pertinent fields such as:

"DATE" = 7/1/2006

"DATEMONTH" = 7

"DATEYEAR" = 2006

"DATEDAYOFWEEK" = 7

"DATEYEARFISCAL" = 2007

"DATEYEARFISCALDESC" = FY0607

Because I have this table, I would imagine I don't need to generate a Master Calendar and can instead use this. How would I set that up? And how would I configure it to be fiscal year? I would imagine my fields are already correctly associated? I don't have a FiscalQuarter though, would I have to add that in? Same with FiscalWeek if I want to filter down to weeks? Is there any way I use the autocalendar Qlik generates based off the "DATE" field for that, even though it doesn't sort it by FiscalYear?

Most of the posts I've found detail generating your own master calendar, not using a table already designed as such, and modifying that script to be FiscalYear, but since I have this pre-created table, I am trying to use that instead. Would it still be beneficial to not use this table and generate a calendar from a script?

Thanks for any help!

2 Replies
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

so what  fields do you already have and what fields do you want to create?

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
Not applicable
Author

I already listed the fields above: "DATE, DATEMONTH" etc. And I don't know what fields I want to create because I don't know what fields are necessary to have this table function as a Master Calendar and show the Fiscal Year.

What would I need to add to allow this table to function as a Master Calendar for Fiscal Year, what scripts would be required, or is is simpler to ditch this table altogether and just generate a Master Calendar from a script?