Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
riseup319
Contributor
Contributor

Creating a new field based on values from existing field

Hi,

I have an existing field called 'Status' that contains essentially four data values: Completed, In Progress, Accepted, and Created.

I want to display the counts for the value of 'Completed' and then a separate count for the values of the other 3 ('In Progress', 'Accepted', 'Created'). 

Is there a simple way to create this as a dimension to display side-by-side bars displaying counts for each? Any help is greatly appreciated, I am just starting out!

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vegar
MVP
MVP

Try to make a bar chart with the Status as a dimension and =count(Status) as measure.

If you prefer not to use the Status as an dimension in order to put the measure in a KPI object then you could use a set expression like this:

=count( {<Status={'In Progress'}>}Status)

PS: I would recommend you to put program related questions like this into one of the sections in the Qlik Product Forums. That part of the community are better monitored by your fellow Qlik product developers.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

Try to make a bar chart with the Status as a dimension and =count(Status) as measure.

If you prefer not to use the Status as an dimension in order to put the measure in a KPI object then you could use a set expression like this:

=count( {<Status={'In Progress'}>}Status)

PS: I would recommend you to put program related questions like this into one of the sections in the Qlik Product Forums. That part of the community are better monitored by your fellow Qlik product developers.
Sue_Macaluso
Community Manager
Community Manager

@riseup319  Are yo using Qlik Sense or View?  I would like to move this into the correct product forum as this one is typically for general discussions. 

Sue Macaluso
riseup319
Contributor
Contributor
Author

QlikSense and that would be great, I will make note of correct forum to post questions like this.

riseup319
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks this worked perfectly: Count({<Status={'In progress' , 'Accepted' , 'Shipment created'}>}Status)